Parent Group Services
Texas Parent to Parent (TxP2P) gives technical assistance and support to new and existing parent groups around the state through the Texas Parent Group Network (TxPGN). If you are considering launching some type of parent group, TxP2P can help you get started. If you are an established parent group of any type, TxP2P welcomes the opportunity to connect with you to share resources, information, and volunteers. Upon request, TxP2P can also add your group on our online Resource Directory to assist other parents in finding your organization.
TxP2P has experience in the startup and maintenance of support groups of many kinds and part of our mission is to help new groups form in areas of the state where they are needed. We can also provide information that will help educate parents on family-centered care and the medical home model as well as other local, state, and federal issues that affect children with special health care needs. Organizations who so choose may stay connected with one another to share information, best practices, and resources through the TxPGN listserv. Articles on parent support are also available.
Information we can provide may include the following and more:
- Parent to parent matching
- Training volunteers
- Developing and maintaining databases of parents and volunteers
- Marketing, such as newsletter or website development
- Facilitating emotional support groups
- Collaborating with a local agency to provide regular meetings for parents
- Locating and securing speakers
- Participating in a used equipment exchange program
- Creating respite programs
- Recommending recreational activities
To learn more, please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com.